my boob is leaking

My left boob has a bloody brown discharge, I squeezed my nipple after a self breast exam and it came out, I showed my mom and all she did was laugh because she has never done a self breast exam, but she thinks I shouldn't have squeezed my nipple, but you are suppose to in a self breast exam right??? For further info my period was last week, I have never breastfed, my tubes are tied and I have not had a breast injury, I had shoulder surgery on my right shoulder last thrusday, but it was my left boob.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Health

• You know, I had that problem before I had my daughter. It lasted a few years. I think I brought it up to a doctor but no tests or anything was run. After I got pregnant it went away. Its funny though because when my milk came in that was the breast that produced the most and more thicker milk while the other was really watery. Sorry if TMI. I have no idea what it is but I do suggest you tell/show a doctor.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Definately talk to your doctor. This sounds like an infection.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My mom is a mammography expert, SHE ALWAYS TELLS ME IF ITS BLOODY OR BROWN you need to get it checked right away, could be something simple or it could be something really bad. If your breast exam went good and you didn't feel anything weird then i wouldn't worry as much but you need to go in and figure it out.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2009