Reglan use for increasing breastmilk supply

What have your experiences been with using Reglan to increase your milk supply?

marilyp

Asked by marilyp at 1:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• PLEASE make sure you learn about the side effects of Reglan....they can be very bad. Try eating oatmeal for breakfast and take Fenugreek 3 pills 3 times a day. That should help. I personally wouldn't risk the side effects, but that's just me.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I've used the generic and it worked amazingly for me. My milk started to go down after my iud was put in and I tried everything from pumping and feeding twice as much to drinking the mothers milk tea and oatmeal and everything. The pills didn't give me any side effects really except i was a little drowsy at first. But i was also caring for a new born so who knows it could have just been me. Talk to your doctor or a lactation nurse and see if thats the best option. If it is, then go for it.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I used Reglan. I was fully aware of the side-effects, and opted to use it for a week when nothing (and I mean NOTHING) else was working. I had baby to the breast 20 hours a day (literally), was drinking Mother's Milk Plus Tea every two hours around the clock, eating steel-cut oatmeal six times a day... After four days my supply was sufficient and I was able to stop taking it. We did have some side-effects to it. As it's a digestive "aid" both baby and I were having to go every few hours. But it boosted my supply and allowed us a successful breastfeeding relationship for well over three years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I used a Mother's Milk tea when I was nursing and my MIL came to visit and the stres made my milk supply diminish. It was an ABSOLUTE godsend. I would NEVER use a DRUG to increase my milk supply. The tea was tasty too and my son nursed like a champ!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2009