The sicker the better?

My friend who is 6 1/2 months pregnant told me that she has been really sick throughout her entire pregnancy. I on the otherhand have had some nausea but haven't thrown up yet (i'm 8 weeks) She said that the sicker you are the better because it means your uterus is more "cushioned" for the baby..is this true? Sometimes I think it has to do with your overall personality and how active you are in the first place. My other friend has never played a sport in her life and you could easily make her throw up even before she was pregnant, another friend who i was in sports with told me she puked once during her pregnancy and other than that she was pretty ok. What do you think?

babychappellmom

Asked by babychappellmom at 1:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think that's false. i'd bet money on it being false.

With my first pregnancy i was VERY sick.
    with my second i wasn't sick at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Being ill IS a good sign... it means the hCG is doubling like crazy in your body. But the level of illness is subjective, and each woman experiences it differently. No, "the sicker the better" isn't true, and NOT having morning sickness is also normal. It just varies :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• it varies my first two babies i wasnt sick at all (boys), my third (girl) i was sick holy cow was i sick, I think it varies. the only trend i have noticed with women I know is that some women will get sick while carrying the boys or the girls but its one or the other they didnt get sick with both, but then again that doesnt hold true for everyone.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• They don't know why some people are sick and some aren't. Some women with be sick one pregnancy and not others. It doesn't mean boys or girls or if you are in danger of having a miscarriage.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It's all false everyone goes through a pregnancy differently and it has nothing to do with being active or not, I wasn't very active with my first son and I never threw up and it was the most smooth pregnancy ever with my second son I was very active and haven't threw up either, but I did end up getting diagnosed with thyroid and heart problems while being pregnant, so go figure lol

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• There is no truth to that. Having morning sickness or not does not have anything to do with whether you will have a healthy pregnancy. Medical experts have no idea why some women experience morning sickness and others don't.

For what it's worth, the sickest I've ever been has been with my first pregnancy and I miscarried that one.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009