Signs of Labor?

I am going on 36 weeks and have had a complicated-free pregnancy! Other than the usual back pain & hormones! I am starting to feel changes in the abdomen and vaginal area. Kind of hard to explain the feeling but just seems like its tightening and is uncomfortable for a short period of time; are these early contractions? Could I be dilating?

isabella1218

Asked by isabella1218 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They could be the braxton hicks ones...which mean the "fake ones" and yeah you could dialate. Most times OB-GYN's wont exam you internally yet bc of how far along you are but if you want them to just to check it out then I would. Im 37 weeks and havent been exam yet. I was the other day bc I went to the ER with what I thought was my water leaking so they checked me...good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I agree you could be getting braxton hicks. If they're getting stronger or lasting longer or getting closer together, then its time to go but you could start dilating now and then not end up having the baby until week 40 i've known lots of people that go the last couple weeks dilated at 1 or 2 cm's. If your really worried just call a nurse and they might want to check you. And if you are worried i'd avoid sex until you find out for sure.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Sounds like braxton hicks. I'm due on the 9th and last night I had a terrible round of bh that were soooo painful and nothing today. Just hang tight, they'll be here soon enough!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Agree with everyone else. Braxton-Hicks. Feels weird, but doesn't mean anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• most likely your body is preparing. that's very normal for the last few weeks. :) you could go into labor in a week, or in 6 weeks though. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2009