When you found out you were pregnant, did you consider abortion then changed your mind to adoption?

A lot of people get this confused... I'm not saying it doesn't happen but a vast majority of woman battled parenting vs. adoption NOT abortion vs. adoption.

What was your case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Adoption

• Totally parenting vs. adoption...

I was all for parenting until I was 8 months pregnant... then I chose adoption.

Abortion never once crossed my mind.. and I'm PRO-CHOICE!

rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 3:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• the first time i got pregnant it was abortion vs parenting. adoption was not a choice for many reasons.
    i chose abortion.

the second time i got pregnant i didn't look at any "choices" i chose parenting ...but i miscarried.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well because of my husband now (bf) it was between all three really but he wanted me to have an abortion. I was wanting to keep her. We kept her and I don't regret it at all. We are now trying for baby number 2.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 3:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• when i was 18 and i got pregnant with an alcoholic who abused me, it was parenting vs. abortion, i chose abortion. then i got pregnant when i was 21 with my current SO, there really was no decision, i just chose parenting right away, then i had my son & even tho i was using BC, i found out i was pregnant when my son was 4 months old, so i had to chose parenting vs. abortion, and i chose abortion because i just didnt have the time, money, help etc. to have two young babys at the same time. i believe that its not a baby, it doesnt have a soul yet if you get it within the first 3 months, hopefully by 6 weeks and i would never ever ever in my life give away my babys, or my sons little brother or sister so adoption is never an adoption for me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Parenting vs. adoption. Never considered ending my childs life. My child is out there with two great parents sure it hurts but my decision was not about me it was about my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• So Purpul, you chose killing your child -- or wait, children, over giving your child a chance at having a great, wonderful life?

A child has a beating heart at 3 months. Maybe I'm just a little sensitive, as I waited 3 years for my first child. And now TTC my second and it's taking some time.

If you don't want children, can't afford children, don't have the time for children, then you know what you do? YOU DON'T HAVE SEX! How much easier can that get????? BC is never 100% accurate. Everyone knows that!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was 18 when I had my son, and parenting was the only option I was comfortable with!! I know have a happy & healthy almost 5 year old!
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Abortion only crossed my mind when the test came up positive. But it had to do with the whole situation around me. I was in the midst of a failed marriage, husband refused to believe baby was his, and while he refused to allow me to work, he wouldn't pay for ANY doc appts. It was brought up several months later by a family member, but by that time I was pretty certain I would be parenting. Also, I was too far along for my own personal code of ethics to abort, even if it had crossed my mind again.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I love the dont have sex ladies.... thats like telling a bear not to shit in the woods!

Anonymous

• wow, Purpul, and you posted a question prompted by a tv show saying mothers who know they aren't ready to raise children so they allow them to be adopted are selfish? It's unselfish for you to kill a child but selfish to allow the child to live and grow up in a good home because it isn't your home? wow.
    Anonymous