how often do you see the gyno?

how often do you ladies go to the gyno? the only time i ever went was when i was pregnant. and that was almost 3 yrs ago. btw im 21. i know i should probably go more often but i just wanted to get your insight on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Health

• I go once a year normally. We've been TTC forever though, so when hubby's here, I go once a month.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I usually get one done once a year but we are ttc an have been for about 4 months so I have a feeling I will be having another one pretty soon.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I haven't been since my 6 week postpartum visit after my daughter over 2 years ago.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I go every year. Everyone should go atleast once a year to catch cancer if it should develope.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Never. We see a family practice doctor for all of our health care needs.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I go every year for a yearly it's good for peace of mine esp if you have gyno issues in your family history(like i do) just in case there is a problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I go once a year. I am on BC so you have to see them once a year for your Rx
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I see a NP and probably going to switch to a CNM soon for well women visits. I go once a year and I never miss a visit. Even if I'm completely broke I get in to see them. Other things I might put off until I get some money but not this. Cervical cancer runs rampant in my family and I'm just at too high a risk to miss appointments. My aunt had a full hysterectomy by the time she was my age, I'm 24.  If you have no problems I think you can go every 3 years. 

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I only went when I was pregnant and then my 6 week postpartum appointment and then 1 other time after that to get my IUD in.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Every 3 months. I'm on depo
    NSeni

Answer by NSeni at 9:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009