Seventh Day Adventists #4

So I have been reading up on what you believe and your doctrine some more. Agian these are just curiouse questions and I mean no disrespect. So it is true that you are taught martyrdom, or dying because of your faith in God. How do you introduce this to your kids? How do you think you will be rounded up? Home invasion? The government getting your names from the church membership? I am alittle shocked at this part in your beliefs I do admit. Is there scripture to back this up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• How come everyone else is getting it wrong and the SDA's are the only ones getting it right?
    -------------------
    How could only Noah and his family be the only ones saved? How could only two of the "original" Israelites who left Egypt enter the promise land? How could Jesus say, "strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it." (Matt. 7:14) ? How could the majority of those looking forward to the Messiah's first coming, have it wrong? The were looking for salvation from Rome's iron clasp, what they got was a promise of a Kingdom not of this world. They were expecting pomp and royalty, what they got was a poor,meek and humble servant.
    SDAs don't have it ALL right. No denomination does. They are the closest I've found. I have faith that all who truly desire to follow Him will, no matter what it costs them. I pray that I can remain faithful as He reveals more of Himself to me.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• There are 29 fundamental SDA beliefs, but this is not one of them. This is believed to be the result of standing for God in the endtimes. (Persecution is already happening in many parts of the world) The Bible teaches that a "there shall be a time of trouble,such as never was since there was a nation." Because we believe in a Post-"tribulation" return of Jesus Christ, it stands to reason that there will be some martyrs, some thrown into prison,ect during these troublesome times.

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• What makes us better than Paul, Peter, or any of the other early Christians? We expect a pillow-soft life, but that is not what the Bible teaches. ALL that will live Godly in Christ will suffer at least some persecution. Many will join the first Christians in martyrdom. (Revelation 6:9-11) I don't believe it will be denominational but all those who "that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."(Rev. 14:12)

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I don't teach fear to our children. I teach them that it is sometimes hard to stand up for the right thing, but that it pleases God when they are obedient to Him rather than man. I teach them to pray always,study God's Word, build their faith, and to prepare that faith for whatever comes. The God we serve is loving, just and compassionate. We don't fear, we trust! Trust and obedience are the keys to remaining faithful to God despite our circumstances. This is an important lesson to all who chose to follow Jesus Christ.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• How do you think you will be rounded up? Home invasion? The government getting your names from the church membership?
    ------------------------------------
    LOL, I don't really care! However God sees fit to allow! How were the Christians of the early church "rounded up"? It may seem far fetch, but then, so did 9/11, Guantanamo, and those Japanese concentration camps back in the 1940s.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am alittle shocked at this part in your beliefs I do admit.
    ----------------------
    Why are you shocked? Do you believe that the things that the Pagans, Wiccans,ect. say around here is what the Bible means when it says, "all who would live godly in Christ shall suffer persecution"?(2 Timothy 3:12) I laugh when Christians say that they are being "persecuted" by unbelievers on Cafemom! Didn't Jesus warn that those who persecute believers will "think they do God a service"? I believe this means those who profess a belief in God will be doing the persecuting. They'll make laws which they believe God approves. Persecuting those who dare believe differently from the mainstream.

This could go much more deeply, but I have to go for my morning run.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think all the Christian religions do teach "martyrdom"....If it comes down to turning on the faith or dying Christians are supposed to choose death. Martyrs are honored as Saints in the Catholic church. The bottom line is that Christians are supposed to hold the faith no matter the cost on earth...Religious persecution is common and religions have to encourage members to deal with it rather than run away.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• But hile most other christian denominations teach rapture pre or mid trib SDA's teach death and persucution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

-------------
    There are other Christians denoms that teach post-trib.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009