Helping sinners...

Say I died in a car accident and my organs were harvested and given to someone who had drank their liver to death or smoked their lungs and heart to death. Would I be punished for having helped a sinner? I mean we all know the effects of smoking and heavy drinking so these people did it to themselves. I have no say where my organs go but still would this be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is a very interesting question and one that I have never thought of (and I'm an organ donor). I can't help but to think "what would Jesus do"? Jesus died for all mankind, He died for sinners which according to the Bible is all mankind "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". So Jesus died so that we might have life. If we died and our organs were given so that someone else might have life, AND a chance to possibly become a child of God themselves by accepting Christ's gift of salvation, wouldn't Jesus be pleased with that? If you are born-again (John 3:3) and you die, you know where you will be..in Heaven with Christ. If someone who is lost and doesn't know Christ drinks their life away and they are dying, where will they go? The Bible says they will go to hell. Your sacrifice could lead others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! So after thinking of your question, no it wouldn't be wrong LOL!
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I didn't know smoking was a sin, it certainly isn't good for you, but is it a sin? I don't really think so.

But giving these people a second chance, I would hope would open their eyes and they would live healthier lives.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Doesn't smoking fall into the whole hurting the temple of God?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Aren't Christians supposed to help everyone and not discriminate? I am pretty sure Jesus helped sinners...
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes, Jesus loved, helped, ate with and talked to all kinds of sinners and we are supposed to be like Jesus aren't we?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• organ donation is permissible and there is no condition upon it that i know of. Saving one life is like saving all of humanity. I don't believe you would be punished for saving a life which Allah has ordained you save.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Besides you have no say so in where your organs go. Allah does not burden us with sins of others. :)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you are only going to help people who don't sin, then your list is going to be pretty short.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• First of all people whose actions have destroyed their organs are so far down on the list the only way that would happen is if the vast majority of people dying suddenly became donors. Secondly, I think it would be your act of trying to help someone that would be judged. You couldn't be responsible for the actions of the person who received the organs.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009