Christians and homosexuality...

I have been reading the posts about how homosexuals won't get into heaven because of how they were born/chose to live their lives. Now aren't ALL sins worthy of death on our part? Isn't being a homoesexual just as bad as lying? Even a "little white lie". I personally think that if a gay person loves God as we should that they will be in heaven. I believe Jesus when he said that we would all be surprised at whom we saw in heaven. Either he meant that as in hope for all of us even the homosexuals OR he meant it as you have to follow all the rules super legalistic style Jesus which I do not think he is. What's your personal opinion and give scripture to back up if you can please. Also please no bashing for this topic agian, I have a question and that is what this section is for thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've been hazed by fellow Christians on Cafemom for saying this in the past but I am a Christian and what someone does behind the closed doors of their home is none of my business. As a student forever of the social and psychological sciences, I can tell you that people do not choose to be gay. Whether or not homosexuality is a sin is something I've learned not to discuss on CM. No matter what side you're on, some overly-zealous person will always bite your head off for it.

Homosexualiy is seen as an unforgiveable sin because it is a continual lifestyle and if you continue in a sinful lifestyle, you are not truly repentant. If you are not truly repentant, you cannot be forgiven. I believe God knows our struggles and we are forgiven before we even ask. It's not my job to tell someone the destination of their soul, nor anyone elses, and no one should think they can speak for God in that way. Period.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i believe that homosexuals are great people, and that they dont "choose" to be gay. why would anybody choose a life that difficult? im sure if they had the choice, they would choose to be "normal" & straight. plus theres alot of evidence that proves that its biological. i think the bible was written to scare people into living a certain way. a way that certain people thought you should live, but not everyone wants to or has to live the same as whoever wrote the bible. when we die, were all going to the same place, and theres gonna be no more whos gay or not. just be good to people, thats all that matters. heres a quote from a song i really like about M. shepard, its called "sadness will sear" by trivium ... "its the preachers, and the teachers, governments close-minded creatures, try to teach us, to hate that which is different."
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My conflict with homosexuals is that it is not a one time sin but a lifestyle. I believe being born a homosexual is about the same as being born an alcoholic. Some are more prone to a certain sin then others and no one is a free of some obstacle in their lives.
    With that said, I do not judge who is going to heaven and who is not; that is God's job. Gluttany is also a lifestyle sin and 50% of Americans or overweight or obese. There is more in the Bible about gluttany than there is homosexuality.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Romans 2:1
    " Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."
    Romans 2:11
    "For there is no partiality with God."

Romans 2 is a great chapter to read for these things. I do think that homosexuality is a sin, BUT ANYONE can be saved. Just because they're homosexuals does not mean they won't get to Heaven. If you are saved THAT is all that matters. John 10:28-29 tells us that once we are God's NOTHING can take us from His hand. No matter the sin, whether it is lying, cheating, or anything else can take us away from God of we believe on Jesus Christ. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• PURPUL, the Bible was written by multiple authors over the course of centuries upon centuries and compiled and officially cannonized later. I don't think the original authors ever knew that their writings would become a Holy book that would be followed and regarded for centuries to come. The intention of the OT was to provide historical recordings, literature and poetry as well as record the judicial, ceremonial and moral laws that the Isealites followed. Books accepted into the OT canonization are present because they establish a need for a savior. Books accepted into the NT are there because they tell of the Messiah and establish the fulfillment of the need for a savior. The Bible was not written to scare anyone. Each book reflects the customs of the era in which it was written. Unfortunately, it is largely misinterpreted by Christians who choose to use the Bible innapropriately in order to scare people.

(cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• thank you for explaining that to me novemberlove, but for me, i could careless who wrote the bible, what its for, etc.etc. - it doesnt really matter. alls that matters is the way people use it. no matter what religion, catholics, christians, jews - all of them speak bad about gay people and think they are sinners and are going to hell. and its not just about gay people. its people who have premarital sex, and this and that and whatever else the bible says. the bible makes people hate, and judge. and thats all i need to know about the bible because my interest ends there.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Any sin will send a person to hell according to God's word. ONE sin will send you to hell according to God's word. (Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.) So whether that sin is a "little white lie" or stealing, or homosexuality, according to the Bible that sin separates you from God and God will NOT allow sin to enter heaven. Since the Bible says we are born sinners (Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:) then we are all in need of a Saviour. The sin of homosexuality itself might not be any worse than other sins, but the homosexual himself/herself is still in need of a Saviour as we all are......
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• To continue to live in sin such as homosexuality or anything else is wrong. If we have trusted God as our Saviour, the Bible says that we are to become a new creature in Christ. If someone says they are born-again and they continue in the homosexual lifestyle, then they are wrong.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
    missionarywifey