do you have certain fam members you avoid b/c their kids are monsters?

or friends?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When the children were younger, there were people we could no longer be friends with because their children were so unpleasant to be around. As examples, the one friend's children threw food in a temper (we're talking 5-6 year olds, not infants) and were rude, and the other friend's children were destructive and dangerous to have around- they dumped out baby powder, for example. all over my son's room, marked up the walls, pulled clumps of my son's hair out. We tried getting together just as couples- leaving the children with sitters, but the friendships cooled off even so.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Friends. No family members 'cause I don't have any family members with kids. Everyone is all grown up. Can't wait for my DD to have cousins though. But, yeah, I've befriended friends not really b/c their kids are monsters, but more b/c I think they have bad parenting skills (lol i couldn't think of another good word but skills).
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes.
    My FIL is married to a woman who pretty much raises her grandson and he is a spoiled brat.
    When my FIL allowed me to use his home for my daughter's baby shower last year and I was taking pictures of her opening the gifts, he jumped right in and started opening them for her. I was telling him nicely that those were Sylvia's presents and to let her open them. His grandmother counteracted what I said by telling him he was so cute and helpful and to go ahead. I was fuming. Then she told him to sit next to my daughter to get into the pictures. I was really angry then, but bit my tongue.
    You see, she forces my FIL to spend time and lots of money on her kids and grandkids, but makes sure that he has things to do when we go down to visit.
    She ticks me off and I really dislike her, but I really dislike the fact that she thinks the whole family should place her son first in everything even though he isn't really 'family.'
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• *grandson*
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i feel so bad b/c my sister is always wanting to do stuff with her and she has two small ones..i hate hearing her scream at them and her oldest is very destructive. I know its my family but i admit i only want to be around them when i have to. If its just me and my sister...thats cool, i cant stand being around her with her kids...she is a different person...a momster
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Sad but true! Yes and I avoid some family meembers b/c they too are monsters! Luckily so far there's only like 2 kids that are monster's but a couple of the parents are as well.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Friend. Her son has ruined feed in our barn, thrown a couple of bushels of apples onto the road to watch the cars turn them into applesauce, broken video game controllers, broken toys, put a hole in our ceiling by poking a broom handle through it....all on purpose. He's also threatened to break my son's arm using his Tae Kwon Do skills if my son didn't let him play with his video games. SHE just sits and yells at him. I cut that friendship about 2 years ago. Oh, and she's come to our house to use our pool when we're not home.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No. That's just rude!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I avoid certain family members because they are monsters. I would hate to see what happens if they do have kids some day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I have family that i want to avoid on most days. They let their kids scream and trear stuff up and al they do is scream at them. I am so tired of all the screaming!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2009