What if your wrong?

What if, whatever you religion you believe, is wrong? What if there is life after death? What if there is a Heaven and Hell? Have you ever stopped to think about that you could be wrong? For people who believe there is no life after death we just cease to exist, what if there is life after death? For Christians, what if Christ isn't the way to Heaven and it does depend on your works? But what if your wrong, in whatever your religion is, what if after you die you do burn forever in Hell? Have you ever thought about any of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in faith and works. But I really don't see these as seperate. I believe that if a person has the HS in her, works are inevitable. Works are the response to grace. Faith is given by grace. I see them as tightly intertwined- like threads woven to make a cloth. So what if I am wrong? I still got faith, I still got works, still got grace. It is all good.

I believe that if you deny God, you go to hell. I would never deny God because I love God- I could no sooner deny my kids are my kids than my God is my God. So if I wrong and there is no hell- who cares? Still got God.

You can what if all day. What if the world ends tomorrow, what if I hit the jackpot, what if the sky is falling. In the end, all you can do is be true to yourself and keep living your life, not compromising on your own integrity.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No. God is, Jesus is the Way,the Truth,the Life. I can't doubt Him at all!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• What if we're all wrong, Only God knows the truth and the devil, and we will when we die too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Your question for Christians about "works" assumes that anyone of the "faith alone" philosophy doesn't also do good works. "Sola Fide" does not say that works are unnecessary. It says that faith comes first and is the actual and only requirement for the obtainment of grace and salvation--HOWEVER, someone who is TRULY saved will find themselves working for good BECAUSE they are saved. Works do not force onesself into heaven. Works are the product of a person who has truly been saved. It is when someone does not produce good works that a person who accepts the concept of Sola Fide would wonder if they were saved or not. So really for your question, a Christian who believes in Sola Fide would be equally as covered as a Christian who believes in works (which also involves faith but is more an inverse of the philosophy), if one ended up being more true than the other.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• This life is all that I know, which makes this life the only one that matters. I am going to make the most of what I have, and I will worry about the rest when I get there!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• we are all wrong. we are not supposed to know why we are here or what happens after we die, because if we knew already, it would kind of ruin the point of life. we are not able to guess why, because were not supposed to. which is why none of us are right, because its impossible for us to know. so we are all gonna be pretty suprised in the end!! but im not scared :) are you?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If we are wrong it does not matter because we all die anyway. I will still believe that there is a God and heaven, it makes death a little more pleasant.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• As for God not existing or Christianity not being correct--what would it matter? If I die and find that nothing else is out there, I still would have lived a good and happy life where I helped others and was loved. Yes, those things are possble for someone to do without being a Christian, however, Christianity brought ME, personally, to those things and I live the way I do and receive the blessings I do because of my faith, religion and spirituality. God and my walk with him do not cause me unhappiness. I would not have regrets if I died and nothing was there. However, I don't believe that would ever be the case, of course, because I believe in God and I know God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• People with faith never doubt, this is what faith is.

Answer by older at 9:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i am not either a disbeliever nor a chrisitan.. and i think of these things you mention fairly often. Allah speaks of the resurrection, he speaks of life after death, he speaks of paradise and the fire. He speaks in believing is not enough, that the worshiper must do good deeds. He speaks of Jesus Christ having brought the message to the people just like other prophets before him. He speaks of some people abiding in paradise forever and some abiding in hell forever. I believed in this prior to converting to islam as a christian and i doubted many things my mother told me based on catholism and i explored other denominations but my belief system never changed.. however when i came into islam my belief system was strengthen and explained in detail. I think of these things fairly often and i believe them to be true. Do i think my religion is wrong..NO.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2009