When is it safe to say I need to see a doctor?

I am in my second trimester and about three or four days ago I noticed allot of mucus in my throat which later turned into a sore throat. The next day I woke up and could only breath through one side of my nose and its still like that. Then just yesterday I started having diahrea and my temp stayed around 100 for atleast half the day. The diahrea has continued into this morning and my throat only hurts when I first wake up and sometimes feels like theres a ball in my throat. I have looked in the back of my throat and theres no puss pockets. Im also having headaches expecially when I cough. I cancled to see my pcp friday cause my husband and I thought that it was probably just a severe cold. I already tried two over the counter cold medicines and neither one of them worked. Should I see a doctor or try to find another medicine that fits my sysmptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your ob they can suggest something for you to take that will be safe for the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• OP... I dont have any ob, Im in the middle of changing and wont get to see my new one till Monday. I dont think he can give me advice yet considering he doesnt even have my medical records yet from my old ob. But I will try to hang in there another day and talk to him about it tomorrow. Thanks so much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• well they shouldn't need your old records to suggest a cough medicine that is safe for your baby, try to hang in there until tomorrow and see what they say GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Being that the swine flu is out there and it can be nasty for pregnant women, I wouldn't chance it and I would see my doctor ASAP. Better safe than sorry.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I have had this same thing since the beginning of September!! NOTHING is working to make it go away....I hope you have better luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Why are you hesitating to help keep your unborn healthy? Get to your PCP!
    Anonymous