what should I honestly do about this?

my neighbors have this dog. (big) that is always growling about nothing, it is very agressive about everything . it already got loose from the house and attacked the little dog down the street. And my concern is that it might get loose again soon and attack all the lttle kids on the street when they go out to play. Everytime the dog sees a little dog or small kid it acts as if she wants to attack it, and not being my dog I was wondering if I shoud be doing something about it, or not. knowing what I know about this dog.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 10:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Call animal control and see what they can do.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you have a leash law in your town you can call the police and report it being loose. But you could also just go talk to the owners and let them know your concerns. Then they won't risk losing their dog.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The dog may just be protective of it's home. The neighbor kids stop in when I am on the porch and since I am there the dogs are friendly to the same kids they bark and growl at when we are not home. What you think is growling about nothing could be a squirrel in the yard, one of my dogs HATES squirrels and the little critters will sit just outside our fence like teasing the dog! Also how long has the dog lived there compared to how many times it gets loose? If they have been there for years and the dog has gotten out once or twice then you really have no reason to think it will get out again. Has the dog been aggressive to kids in the past or just this one other dog? I really think you are making a bigger deal out of this than it is b/c its a "big dog"! We recently got a Pitbull mix and the vet said that 98% of the time dogs are only human aggressive if humans treat them badly, but animal aggression is common with ALL breeds!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2009