Does anybody have any tips for coping with this?

All of my 18 months olds paci's juts went into the trash. We took them as he was playing with toys and put them done on his own. He has yet to realize they are gone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 11:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I agree, don't give in. Yes it will be hard to listen to him scream and fuss about it, but it will be better for him in the long run. It can take anywhere from a day to three days for him to accept it. Believe me though, it'll be better for him if you stick to your choice and keep them out of the house. Just keep talking to him and explaining why he can't have them. And if he gets upset just console him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You prepare for him to cry and carry on for about 3 days or so. You do NOT give in because if you do it will be even harder the next time you try to take them away. Sleeping time will be the hardest....but it will be over in a few days. DON'T GIVE IN!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• agree with above totally.My daughter kept losing hers all over the house and at night time she would really kick up a fuss until i found one for her.In the end i got fed up with it and just said no more.After a few days she didn't mention or seem to need them anymore.She snuggled her bear as a comfort instead.don't panic!
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• what's ur actually question? I took away my oldest son's paci's when i was preggo with my 2nd son....we said we were giving it to his new baby brother!!! I have yet to get rid of my 2nd sons binky and he is 19 months old...although i ONLY let him have it at nap and bed time......on his 2nd bday he will no longer get it......
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 11:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009