What version of Photoshop (or like it) is the best?

I think I wnat to ask for Photoshop for Christmas, but I don't know very much about it. Any advice? My computer is an hp pavillion laptop, dual core, running windows vista...if that makes any difference. I want the easiest version, I think.

Input?

thx

joaniedanger

Asked by joaniedanger at 11:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Technology

• I don't know too much about it. I just started using paint.net and it's free. I'm one who doesn't like to download things to my pc. After seeing how many people on cm use it and what they have made using it, I decided to go for it. Glad I did.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• yeah, I use PDN...thats what made me want to get something more involved. I have been doing PDN for around a year or so and it is so much fun! I have also tried paint shop pro, but I had a hard time with it. thats why I was thinking photoshop.
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 11:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i like serif photo plus 11.its really easy to use and you can use all sorts of arty effects on your photos and pictures too!
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Oh and I also joined a few groups on here that have tutorials on using paint.net. They have been great. I have never touched anything like this before and it was easy for me to pick up on. If I forget anything I can just go back to the tutorials for help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• ^^^^ME, I don't know why I hit anon.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I use photoshop elements 6. I was running it on xp, then i got a new laptop that has vista. Always when I start it up a window pops up saying not compatible with vista... I "X" out of it and it comes right on? lol but I do love the version I have.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Adobe is the leading Photoshop program on the market. However, if you're looking for something to just crop, adjust contrast, and do basic touchups then I would simply download Picasa 3 from Google. I have that on my computer and it keeps all your photographs orginized how you do in your folders. There's no searching a folder, they all appear on your screen with thumbnails. Then you just select the photo and crop, or adjust contrast, you can even add select blur or black and white features. It's super simple, super easy, and free.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• you'll probably want photoshop elements (the latest version is 7, i think) the biggest and best out there right now is photoshop cs4, but it isn't easy and costs about $600. there are two really great photoshop groups on cm for help with tutorials and stuff.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Photoshop CS4 is amazing, but it isn't really something a lot of beginners would call easy. In fact I have a few books on CS4 and one is 2 1/2 inches THICK! great book though.

If you want easy, Id go with elements or paint.net.
    MamaFen

Answer by MamaFen at 5:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I use photoshop CS4 I have to say it's not easy to use either but like mamafen I also have books two infact.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 6:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010