When your kids lay down for a nap but don't go to sleep do you...

Get them back up, or wait to see if they go to sleep? I usually wait a little while to see if she goes back to sleep. She's jumping in her crib and going "Uh! Uh! Errrgh uh!" Hahahahaha.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wait till i know shes 100% tired like walkng like a drunk or rubbing her eyes or laying on the floor, then i lay her down
    alicianana4life

Answer by alicianana4life at 11:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My kids have both been asleep already when I lay them down... just putting them in bed and expecting them to go to sleep would not work for my kids! Well... it might work for the baby, but I love putting him to sleep and he'll outgrow naps soon enough! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'll wait it out. If they don't sleep that's fine. Just as long as they have that time by themselves is good enough. And if they get to crabby towards the end of night for not sleeping at nap, then I just push bed time up a little.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 1:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I wait it out. Whether it's after he wakes up from a nap, or doesn't go to sleep right away for a nap, I let him have some quiet time. If anything else, he needs a little time by himself. Usually he goes to sleep, but if not he'll let me know when he wants out. My son jumps in his crib too, talking away and I let him do that. I'll even wait when he starts to fuss to see if he's really asking to get out, or if he's just testing me. When he really is asking I will go get him, but I always give him quiet time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2009