question for all you people who dont believe in abortion.

i have another thing to debate on. i often debate on abortion w/ people, whether its right or wrong - i dont want to debate that, but i want to give you MY situation, and you tell me if you think i did the right thing or wrong thing, or what you would have done. i had my son, im 22, my mom pays all my bills, im a full time college student in the evenings, im JUST getting buy money wise, babysitter wise, etc. & im not sure if me & my SO are going to work out in the long run. i found out i was pregnant again when my son was 4 months old. i knew it was just impossible financially, physically & mentally for me to have another baby at that time. i just could NEVER give my baby up for adoption, give my sons little brother or sister away, give my mothers grandbaby away. i just could never to that to my baby or my family or myself. so i got an abortion. i was 4 weeks pregnant. of course i felt guilty, but i know (cont)

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am so sorry. I believe that you made what you believed to be the best choice for everyone. I am actually crying (sobbing) right now because you really opened yourself up here, put yourself in a vulnerable position, you didn't post anon, and people couldn't respect that and measure their words. I am sorry for that.

If I didn't have my religious beliefs I might have done the same thing. But now, as a Christian, I believe that life begins at conception. I know you are not a Christian, and you don't believe that at all so it isn't the same. But now, you can't go back, and do it over even if you wanted to. The Bible says, that there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of it leads to destruction. I think it is so wise, because sometimes we try and make the best decisions and we still can end up carrying so much pain.

cont.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i made the right decision. my body was preparing a place for a spirit to go, but it wasnt there yet. ill make the place again when we are all ready. what do you think about that?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• are you asking for a pitty party? were u on birth control? if not well stupid on you, hell if u were be on 2 types at one time to prevent that, or dont have sex .. if you cannot afford what could happen dont do the cause and wont have the effect, now im pro-choice, but not pro-stupidity its really a simple fact on how NOT to get pregnant... just no one wants to do it, condoms, and 2 forms of birth control if your fertile, even a dr said if fertile get like the depo and the pill, better save then sorry... not trying to sound like a bitch but ts not a hard concept to really grasp but i do believe u did the right thing, at 22 your mom should not be paying your bills.. i work full time and raise my daughter alone since my husband passed suddenly, so i had to do it all on my own and its hard as hell.. but my mother raised me growing up she dont need to support me as an adult..
    alicianana4life

Answer by alicianana4life at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i think it sounds like you killed your baby rather than give your child you created to a loving home and a chance at life, all because you had sex and "weren't ready for another baby" i think thats wrong.

how are babies made? sex. if you can't support a baby don't have sex... there are otherways to be sexual than having sex. OR get on birthcontrol, take as directed, wear a spermicide condom AND have him pull out.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I don't agree with abortion, but I believe all babies go to heaven which is a lot better than here on earth. That's the only thing that gives me peace of mind about it. I think if you weren't truly ready, you would have used birth control and preventative techniques to ensure you couldn't get pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think that you shouldn't have sex if you weren't ready to have another child. If you're on BC, then you should know that it's not 100% accurate. Also, you say you would never give your baby up for adoption or give your son's baby sister or brother away, but what in the word is abortion? It's killing your baby. You don't have another child. Your son doesn't have a brother or sister. Your mom doesn't have another grand child. But instead of choosing the route where that child would have a chance to go on and have a great life, you decided to abort him or her.
    And the fact that this is your 2nd abortion. You would think you would have learned the first time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i was using birth control. and my mom pays my bills because she can afford to, shes practically rich, and we discussed that she was going to pay my bills as long as im in college, until i graduate and can support myself so that i can get a good career, the career i want, and stay home with my baby in the day time. whats wrong with that?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I have to kinda agree with the PP. You are not going to get a pity party here. Those who are pro-life believe that you shouldn't have sex unless you are willing to get pregnant. Birth control fails. You have to prepare youself for that. If you are ok with an abortion find but not everyone is. So stop trying to find people to support your decision.

And I agree, even though you are in college and only 22 your mom shouldn't be paying your bills. Plenty of moms toughed it out and did it solo. Hell I got pregnant with out oldest at 18 (am 22 now) and I am graduating college in the summer and my husband and I pay all of our bills. We NEVER mooched off of our parents. You need to grow up and start taking charge of your life and not mooching.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think you're irresponsible. No, I don't find that to be a good excuse to get an abortion. In fact, I find it rather lame giving the fact that you were having sex with no birth control. That's the best option, not abortion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• and lets be serious here, dont have sex because im not ready for another baby? come on. you guys are silly!!!! sex is a natural thing!! we all want to do it. i dont know if i could live without ever having sex, and neither could my SO.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009