Does your child do a fundraiser for school?

My little brother (he's 11) just did one. My dad got me a couple things, but everything was so expensive! $24 for a cheesecake sampler. Oi. My nephew's PRESCHOOL is doing one as well. My mom said she bought $100 worth of pies. I wonder who's going to eat all that?

And when you do a fundraiser do you actually try to sell things, or do you just do a cash donation and forget about it?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did fundraisers when I was in school and I just went around the neighbor hood and asked people if they were interested in buying something. My school didnt allow cash donations for some reason. Even though money is money. But most of the fundraising money i did was through family.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I buy from each of them and then turn it in. I don't hassle family members, they live too far away, and our friends all have kids and have to do the same thing. I bought a few things to give the teachers for x-mas, etc.. Our kids also get a small prize for selling stuff so they are happy..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My kids school does several. Ent. Books. Cookie dough. Gift Wrap, etc. So yeah, lol, we fundraise quite a bit. We do buy stuff but not a bunch but we try and sell a little here and there just to help out the school.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My sons band is selling fruit. Want to buy some?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my 3 yr old godson is in preschool and they just did a fundraiser i cant even remember what i bought! how sad am i?!

anyway i try to sell if i have to participate in a fundaraiser
    lanys_mom

Answer by lanys_mom at 2:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I did fundraisers while i was growing up. They range from holiday magazines with holiday decor, gift wrapping etc to food. My two daughters ages 5 and 3 also do them and yes i do try to get people to buy. and a $24 cheesecake sampler is not expensive.
    Anonymous

• lol, yes. my son's school does SEVERAL fundraisers each year (usually about 8-12). The first year we spent $100 on the first fundraiser, not realizing there were going to be sooo many more! Now, we pace ourselves for each fundrasier. I feel good that our school does fundrasiers for the school and for the community, but it can get a bit much at times. We try to involve our family in the fundrasiers that they can enjoy with us now.

By the time you do fundraisers, community charities (though school), book orders, school pictures, school appearal, and so on....public school is getting to be very expensive:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009