Should I be jealous?

A new girl started working at the same place as my boyfriend. My boyfriend is 23, she is 17. He has already offered to give her guitar lessons in our home. I asked if she was pretty (being the jealous person I am, I can't help it!!) and he said, "Yeah, I guess." Would anyone else be offended if their significant other invited another attractive female into their home to teach her guitar lessons? He is not teaching anyone else, but said he thinks it's a good idea to teach her, because she really wants to learn and it will be extra money. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I think I would be there for each lesson,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Should you be jealous? No, I don't see what that would accomplish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well, he did tell her that I had to be present, but I'm gonna feel really stupid just sitting there watching and how do I know he's not gonna bring her into the house when I'm not there? (I know, I have trust issues) And, asking if I should be jealous was a bad way to put it...Should I ask him not to do it? I mean, what am I supposed to do? I'm not comfortable with it!! But, I don't want to be controlling either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Have you told him that you are uncomfortable with it?
    Anonymous

• Yes, and he offered to NOT give her the lessons, but like I said I don't want to be controlling. I just wish he would have never offered them to her in the first place. Obviously, he finds her attractive, so it seems to me like he is trying to spend extra time with her outside of work. Does that seem silly? I mean, is it just me? I know I have extreme jealousy issues and I over-analyze things WAY too much, so I don't know if what he's doing is wrong or not. It's hard for me to tell when I'm thinking irrationally...Ugh!! I'm a mess!!
    Anonymous

• This is probably not what you want to here, but I can tell you from very recent experience that if he wants to see her he will find away. I told my husband that I wasn't comfortable with him talking to this girl, he said he wouldn't, then did it behind my back. Now if he does it again, he knows that we are getting a divorce. She has tried to talk to him since I found out and he hasn't responded. I know this because of the phone bills.
    If it makes you uncomfortable, he shouldn't do the lessons. You could have him give her a few lessons with you there and if you are still very uncomfortable then ask him to stop.
    Good luck! I hope it all works out for you..
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Do you seriously think that if he had plans on straying with her, that he would bring her to his and his girlfriends house and admit to his girlfriend that she was attractive?
    Anonymous

• jmetz4: Did you catch him talking to her or did he tell you he was talking to her? Thank you to everyone that has answered. You guys have helped me out a lot.
    Anonymous

• If it were more than that he would not have said to come into his home for the lessons. He would have gone to her home or somewhere you wouldn't be. There is no reason to be jealous. He's trying to prove to you that it's all good and you get money to boot.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thank you. That makes a lot of sense.
    Anonymous