• In the Spotlight:

Should I be jealous/worried?

A new girl started working at the same place as my boyfriend. My boyfriend is 23, she is 17. He has already offered to give her guitar lessons in our home. I asked if she was pretty (being the jealous person I am, I can't help it!!) and he said, "Yeah, I guess." Would anyone else be offended if their significant other invited another attractive female into their home to teach her guitar lessons? He is not teaching anyone else, but said he thinks it's a good idea to teach her, because she really wants to learn and it will be extra money. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would not be bothered by it but I am a secure person not prone to irrational jealousy.
    Anonymous

• This seems to bother you. Why?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I really don't know. Like I said, I'm just a jealous person. I didn't know if it was wrong for me to feel this way, because I do tend to over analyze things and jump to conclusions and think irrationally, like the person above said. That's why I wanted everyone's opinion, because I don't know if I'm wrong or if he is. I know I have a jealousy problem and I would like to fix it. I just don't know how. I'm overprotective of my boyfriend and I'm scared to lose him. And to top it all off, I'm pregant with his child and I've been overly emotional. I've just been a nervous wreck.
    Anonymous

• As long as she is paying him, I don't see a problem with it. If he was doing it "just to be nice" then yeah that seems wrong.

The guitar lessons are in your home.... you can keep an eye on them.
    Anonymous

• He is teaching her in front of you for one. For two he is 23 and she is 17. He probably isn't even looking at her as more than a co-worker and guitar student.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No females are allowed in my home without me being home! PERIOD. He can have his little buddies over, but no little women regardless of age. If shes paying him, she obviously wants to learn, not so sure if shed be welcomed in my home for free lessons!!! Extra money for the holidays never hurt anyone though!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009