how much would I charge for day care in so. california?

I'm considering starting a day care if my husband and I get the opporitunity to move into a bigger house in a month. I was wondering if this happened how much should i charge if I started day care, and can you start a day care if you are renting a house and not owning? and would you have to notify the land lady?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you are renting the house than yes. You have to get a buisness permit and that requires (or where im from requires) the department to come out and inspect your house to make sure its acceptable. In my lease agreement im not allowed to operate a buisness out of my home without written permission. So even if its not in your lease you should probably inform the landlord just to be safe.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I pay $250 per week 5 days 8-5:30 in NY.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You would need to tell the landlord. You should also contact the powers at be about licensing. We paid 350 a week in So Cal for a really good daycare facility. They had a very good preschool and Kindergarten program. We never considered in home daycare most don't have a structured learning environment. My sister pays 150 a week for her daughter to attend a home daycare. She likes it but when her daughter is 3 will put her in a preschool and pay the extra 200 a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• what would you recommend for someone who has a teaching degree and has expereince working in a preschool?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• In Michigan you have to own or your home or the landlord has to agree and add extra insurance. You can call SOS and find out what the law is.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009