I have a question about Mary that I would like to ask other Catholics

It really is a yes or no question. Please no bashing or inserting what you THINK the Catholic church believes.

Catholics, once and for all--yes or no--- do you believe that Mary is on the same level as God?

non-catholics you are welcome to ansew yes or no as well. I bet we all have the same answer.

unfortunately I have some stuff to do today. if this post turns into bashing please ask CM to close it not delete it because I want to read the answers. Be back in a few hours.

one last question. (lol) I have things to do today, therefore, I am going to evening Mass tonight. Anyone want a special prayer said for them before Mass? I go 15 minutes early so I will have time to pray for you. I don't go to be extra spiritual, I go early so I can get the good seats. (like Dan Cook said)

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 12:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my non-cath answer would be 'no'..keep those prayers up, kat! (i'm still coughing my head off...and recognizing the 'sin' of not doing kegel exercises! LOL)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'm non-Catholic. My Answer is "no" and from what I have learned about Catholicism, I bet their answer is "no" as well :)

iLove.nml

Answer by iLove.nml at 12:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Honoring Mary should occur within the bounds of a rightly ordered faith and thus not over-shadow the one triune God... Now this is in Devotion, not theology,liturgy,doctrine, and or vatican ll. I love to sit up close myself. But my answer would be no and i gave you my answer to why I said, no.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'm Catholic and no, we don't believe that Mary is on the same level as God.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am Catholic and NO, I don't believe that Mary is anywhere near the level of Jesus- nor would she want us to think that.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 1:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would like a prayer and you know why.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 1:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Catholic here, and No she's not.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

• From a purely mythological POV, Mary is a what we would call a hero or a demigod, which is not on the same "level" as a god.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No, Mary is not the same level as God. She's a created being she can't be.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2009