MIL & SIL

My fiance's sister just got brought back home by their mother yesterday. She's been in Baltimore using heroin. His sister is a really difficult person to deal with anyway & now the drug addiction has made it worse. She randomly decides that she hates me, because I've taken her brother away from her (he has been the only solid male figure in her life), even though I've never once made it so he couldn't see/talk to her. His mother has always catered to her daughter's tantrums, so everytime his sister has a problem with me, his mother (who I normally get along great with) begins to be a bitch to me, too. I don't know how to deal with this, I am not one for cutting family members out of our life, I think it's silly & life is too short to do that. So, how do I - both of us, really - deal with this? Already there is a problem of some sort & now fiance doesn't want to go see his sister today..

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 12:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Your fiance really needs to take the wheel on this one. Anything that you do will just make them more angry with you.

Is she getting help for her drug problem? That would be a place to start.
    Anonymous