pleas read, first time pregnant 16 weeks..

i went to see my first ultrasound at 10 weeks and everything was perfect from what i saw but im always thinkin somethings wrong and im always worried, is there any reason for me to think something is wrong with the baby? im so worried already and this is my first time being prego, im so anxious to go to the doctors for my second appointment just so i can hear its heartbeat.. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can always call in if you feel like it's important.

But reading books on this subject, taking classes, etc., can help you to know what is going on, what is normal.
    Are you doing anything to prepare?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am 13 weeks pregnant with my 5th child so I can tell you is IS normal to worry about the baby some. You can't see it or hear it of feel it at this stage and that can make you wonder. It is not normal to be consumed by it. In the next few weeks you will most likely start to feel little flutters and that will ease your mind!
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 12:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• yea ive been reading books and im just always worried, i have an appointment thur and im so scared but anxious to make sure everything is going ok, i feel dumb for overreacting :(
    therisaa

Answer by therisaa at 12:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• this is normal! a baby is growing in your belly for the first time ever, your hormones are out-of-whack and you are about to be a first time mom! i was worried a lot too. My mom wanted me to have an abortion (when she first found out) and my sadness of her lack of support and fear of being a first time mom was portrayed in scary nightmares for weeks. and reading the "what to expect" books got me worried because they had a long section of "if something is wrong" questions and answers. Try not to focus so much on the "what ifs"! I recommend you buy a prenatal yoga dvd to help you relax, join a first time mom support group in your area, see if cafemom has a group in your area!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Stop reading all those scary articles and books about the billions of problems that affect like 2 people on the planet. My SO took the books away from me. Way less freaked out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009