what would you think if you saw this?

my upstairs neighbor has a daughter that is about 3 years old that NEVER wears clothes. i dont know if its normal but i always see the girl in just panties no shoes no matter what time it is and if its raining or not. also her father told me that she doesnt sleep till 4 or 5 am. i can hear her run up and down the halls at anytime in the night. it wakes me up even. my question is it ok for her to be awake like that? i keep thinking its some sort of child neglect but i duno maybe im just being nosey. what do yall think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She might just be on that kind of sleep schedule. I don't know what to make of the clothes though. Some kids just HATE wearing them, and some parents let their kids go in undies, as long as they are at home.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Little ones LOVE to be naked/half naked. I'll let my kids run around the house in undies/diapers sometimes - but if we order food for delivery I make them at least put shirts on!! LOL Sounds like the parent are just not to strict with things, and they just let her sleep when ever she wants.

More importantly - does she look well feed, bathed, not to banged up (all little ones will have some bruises, but worry if they look excessive), does she seem to have a ton of bug bites, does she seem happy enough, do you see or hear them excessively screaming at her?? That's the kind of stuff to worry about. Running around half naked is just part of the fun of being a kid - heck my hubby would do that too if we let him!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• some people put their kids on "their" schedule. My kids although never stayed that late but use to stay up later than typical kids before I worked and went to school and they were little so I did not think it was a big deal. Although once we started aschedule I found it worked better! While I don't allow my kids to run naked (theri dad is worse than me and would throw a fit also!) I am not sure if its neglect seems like if they are out in cold weather it should be! Now do they at least dress her to go to the store or where ever excpet Wal-Mart its not reqiured there!! LOL
    Anonymous

• she always looks dirty her hair is never made. im getting tired of hearing her stomp around she is so damn loud GRRRR.. i wouldnt let my child out the house without shoes at least. she runs around the parking lot with panties and no shoes in the rain. its just asking for being sick.
    Anonymous

• WHY U SO WORRY ABOUT THIS CHILD ! IF U DONT SEE HER MOM ,DAD HIT HER THEN I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT IT , U HAVE YOUR OWN LIVE TO LIVE . KIDS BE KIDS MY KIDS WAS THE SAME WAY , U EVER THOUGHT THAT THE CHILD HAS ADD OR ADHD OR SOME THING ELSE THAT MIGHT KEEP HER UP ALL NIGHT . MY KID ARE IN THERE TEENS AND THEY HAVE SOME MIN- PROLBEMS . ALSO IF U REPORT THEM AND THEY FIND OUT IT WASNT NOTHING TO IT THEY MIGHT DO SOMETHING BACK TO U ! SO U BETTER THANK ABOUT IT REALLY HARD ! ! LET THE KIDE BE A KIDE ! ! THOSE PEAPLE WILL FIND OUT WHO TURNED THEM IN IF U DO IT AND U MIGHT NOT LIKE IT WHEN THEY WILL GET EVEN WITH U ! !
    Anonymous

• I do think you're being a little noisy. If the noise bothers you, then simply tell the parents something like this..."i can hear that your on an unusual schedule, and my family is being awoke in the night from your dd running around. I would really appreciate it if you could keep the noise down, as it's affecting my families sleep".

Now, most people would be embarrassed if this wa said to them, and would quiet down. If they don't quiet down, then tell them your going to have to make a complaint to the landlord about the noise, and that will probably do it.

But as far as the little girl and what she wears (or lack of), it's most likely a phase. all kids at some point love to be naked, it's natural. About the time kids enter school they begin to develope modesty.
    Anonymous