What dishes can go from freezer to oven

Without needing to thaw? Anchor, Pyrex, others?

And what meals do you make in them?

Asked by Jademom07 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i would'nt put any from freezer to oven...they would probably crack from the dramatic temp change. Let me know if ya find some though.

Answer by shay1130 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• here is a good site that i found

Answer by alicianana4life at 12:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• That is WONDERFUL alicianana!!!

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Metal is probably the only thing. You should never take glass from the freezer and directly put it in a hot oven. If you froze a glass dish, you're supposed to let it sit out for a little while, then put it in the oven BEFORE you turn it on, so the temperature change isn't so dramatic. Otherwise it busts.

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I prefer to use the aluminum disposable pans & trays when freezing meals. That way my casserole dishes and metal pans are still available for me to use when I'm not cooking food from the freezer. I'll also freeze pizzas by prebaking the crusts for 4 minutes, then adding the toppings, then I can remove them from the pan and freeze them without any pan. Remove from freezer, put on a pizza pan/stone and finish baking.

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Good tip michiganmom

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Corning makes some, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009