there is milkk coming fom my infants nipples?

My daugter is almost two months old she had something on her niple and when i wiped it of milk or something camr from her nipplees? what is it? is it normal/ Now when i press on them it still will come out it is white what is it?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 12:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. It's caused by the hormones that she got from you. It will go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Perfectly normal. In fact, if I remember corrctly, I was just reading it can last up to 4 months. Some girls even have a bloody discharge from their vagina.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes newborns can give off breastmilk, and little girls may even have a little baby-period from your womanly hormones. When you deliver the baby, your body gives off hormones telling your body to make breastmilk and to empty the uterus, so she receives those hormones as well.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It's normal. It's your hormones going through her body that you passed to her in the womb.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• all the PP's got it right. its from your hormones, can take 9-10 weeks to go away, and will disappear on its own.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i herd its normal, my lil girl didnt have that but she did bleed down there like a mini period
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009