Why take the chance?

I am a bartender. Last night a pregnant woman came in she got a drink from another bartender. Told her waitress her and friend had a few on the way. Then came to me asking if she can have a cup to make it look like she wasn't drinking. Went on to say she' s 4 months pregnant and her baby is strong and can handle it and she deserved to have a good time. We all then refused to serve her. I am sure her friends got it for her anyway. How can someone be so ignorant. I was so mad listening to her nonsense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you did the right thing by not serving her (good for you!)
    Anonymous

• Because I'm sure she's thinking her baby will be fine. Which is plain stupidity. I had given birth to 3 premature babies with tons of health problems in the beginning and even some now and I never drank or smoked. So, I don't understand why people think doing things to increase the risk is a good idea either. I think it's selfish that someone can't stop drinking for 9 months to increase the chances of having a healthy baby.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 1:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• While I understand your feelings towards this, you kinda made her decision for her didn't you? Like a parent would.

I would hate it if someone decided how I should live my life instead of letting me be the boss of me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• she has every right not to serve her, there are other people there that would so whatever jade you're about as ignorant as the preggo wanting to drink
    Anonymous

• That makes me so sick! She doesn't deserve to be called a mother or have that baby in my opinion. Your right for not serving her. To bad you couldn't kick her ignorant ass out of the bar all together. Some people are just the worst kind of stupid. All you can do is be better then them.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• jade you're about as ignorant as the preggo wanting to drink

Kind of a hate mongar aren't you. I have a right to my opinion without being called names.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Jade, not like a parent. I won't be the one to contribute to possible health problems for her newborn. I'm sure she hasn't seen REAL side affect from giving birth to a sick baby. I won't feel guilty about. She is a grown (Idiot) woman. She will drink if she feels the need. I won't be in on it.
    Anonymous

• And that is your right to refuse to serve her but it is also her right to drink if she desires, even at the risk to her baby. and I do agree that she is an idiot.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• good for you for doing the right thing! I have heard of a woman being imprisoned for refusing to stop drinking while PG, if you know her name call social services anon! She is a COMPLETE moron, and HOORAY for you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you serve drinks then you have the right to refuse service to ANY person on ANY grounds and you don't have to give a reason.

Sometimes, the best we can do is to say a little prayer for children born to parents like that. You never know, you could have done the brave thing of speaking up and maybe her life will change.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009