Hiccups

Does it mean anything that my baby has the hiccups ALL THE TIME? My belly is bouncing at least twice a day from her hiccuping, it's so funny. My fiance is worried that that might mean she'll be colicky. I don't really think one has to do with the other, but I don't know!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 1:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my baby did the same thing and he dosne't have colic lol your man is crazy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• at least twice a day doesn't sound like that bad of hiccups. My daughter had them ALL THE TIME. She wasn't colicky at all so don't worry about that. its just a way for their lungs and everything to practice and grow. Enjoy!
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Same as josiesmommy. She even had them for the first 8 months or so...the doctor just said that it's because she is eating well and growing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• haha, alright. i didn't think the two would be related, he is now reassured by your answers! thanks, ladies!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My DD had hiccups daily when I was pregnant with her..Now she has hiccups everytime she burps lol
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I love these answers! My son had hiccups all the time in utero, and he had them A LOT as an infant, and when he gets them now he has them for like a whole day (he's almost 19 y/o). I had them a lot the day before my period after I had them....that's how I knew my period was coming.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• When pregnant with my DD it was atleast twice a day she got hiccups, it's something I miss about being pregnant. My DD was born in perfect health. She hiccups a lot after birth too. Not so much now she is a tot but as an infant she did a lot. Enjoy the tickle and don't worry!
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 1:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009