Xbox 360's that have been banned from xbox live.

I just want an Xbox 360 that will play regular ol' store bought xbox 360 games and regular xbox games. None of the frills. Would a banned Xbox 360 fulfill my minimalistic wants/needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Technology

• as long as you don't wanna play it online its fine. it will work, that sucks that they do that though, i don't think modded xbox's should be banned
    Anonymous

• Your Banned 360:
    * Cannot go on Xbox Live
    * Cannot install games to the HDD
    * Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
    * Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile

There may be more functionality disabled than mentioned here, things are still being discovered.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 2:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you want to play the regular old school x-box games you would be much better off buying an old x-box. I ended up giving away more then 50 old x-box games because the new 360 couldn't run them. It seems like almost every new game we get for the 360 has to do an update of some sort.

You could save yourself a whole bundle of money by buying and old x-box, and the games for it are really cheap these days too. On average you could save $40 per game. If you go to a place like game exchange they sell used equipment for cheap and comes with a guarantee.

I wouldn't get a 360 without the internet connection because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get updates or convert old games.
    Anonymous

• How imperative are these updates? and I only have two old xbox games, so no big loss there.
    Anonymous

• STOP CRYING ABOUT IT ! !
    Anonymous

• Microsoft is now rethinking their decisions to ban some Xbox 360s, seeing they've lost a LOT of (around a million) customers. That's like $15 million dollars lost each month. It's hard to compete against the free online games. Both of my sons' consoles have been banned, only one was modded. They don't care; they have more fun with free gaming sites and are bored with Xbox.

To answer your question, yes, a banned Xbox would fill your expectations. One of my sons is selling his if you're interested!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009