do you ever sit down and watch tv with your kids when

there is really nothing else to do like laundry, clean the house, do errands, make your grocery list, wash dishes, give them baths? Like right now its 11:13am on a sunday. it is extremely cold outside and rainy. We have no where to go and nothing to buy. we are watching tough love 2 on vh1. my daughters are 3 1/2 and 5. my oldest is on the floor with pillows playing with a book that comes with a pen and u can erase it with a button. My other one is right next to me with a pink monkey from build a bear. Oh and hubby is still sleeping because he loves going to bed late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I HAVE 2 KIDS 13, 15 AND THEY HAVE THERE OWN TVS IN THERE ROOM ! THEY KEEP TO THERE SELF AND STAY IN THERE ROOMS AND HARDLY COME OUT FOR ANY THANG ! ! ! I WATCH TV BY MY SELF AND I HAVE MY DOGS IN MY LAPE WITH ME .
    Anonymous

• Of course! My 15 y/o DD put in our Matilda movie this morning for us to watch. We love the cute movies.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I sit and watch tv with my girls sometimes but I already know all the programs they watch otherwise. I do not usually get to do that with the girls since I also have a colicy 3 month old!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• When we sit down to watch TV it's usually something for kids. Right now our 13 yr old is playing his playstation, and our 6 and 7 yr old are listening to music in their room and pretending to be in a band.. I'm sitting here staring at my laptop, waiting for the next batch of cookies to be done.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I did it when there was all of that stuff to do. It was my little "rebellion". You know - guilty pleasures.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I always watched TV with my kids, starting with Sesame Street, then family shows such as Donny and Marie and Happy Days....and when they were older, TV gave us plenty of heavy-duty,important topics to discuss. It can be a positive experience, Of course this was in the 1960's through 1980's, when shows were pretty clean and wholesome. Heh.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Hell, I do it when I DO have laundry and stuff to do!! My kids will only be kids for so long, and the laundry will always be there. I'd rather focus on my kiddos when they're home and save the cleaning for when they're at school.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• yep. we usually all sit and watch spongebob and iCarly after dinner time before bedtime. I'm usually folding laudnry at the same time though. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2009