Do you think people are nicer during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season?

I admit I cannot stand the commercialism and holiday season (I celebrate it for the sake of my children and husband...). But I have notice that people tend to change for a couple of months then go back to their "usual personality." I say if you are going to be a prick to me...do it all year do not go on hiatus for the season!

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes and no. Yes as the nicer people come out to buy gifts and such but no because everyone is so stressed to get the gifts that they are evil...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I dont know, i havent noticed. when im in a rush im in a rush and i dont have time to talk to you. Im not rude if you say hi or your a cashier but i get mad if they say merry christmas because i am not christian and it bothers me oh well thats me .
    Anonymous

• anon :30 Be in a rush, but at least manage a smile. Well, 77% of the US is Christian. This is one of those times everyone should practice that religious tolerance that is preached about all of the time. I know it was never meant to apply to Christians. It was meant for Christians to be tolerant of all other religions and non-believer while they can persecute and harass Christians to death. And, the "Merry Christmas" thing is meant in a good way. It is cheerful. Why get bothered? I have Jewish friends who have no problem with the season. They actually love getting invited to all of the Christmas parties (and yes, they go). Just enjoy the decorations, the mood of the season, and the fun. If you don't want to partake in the religious aspect - don't.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think the holidays brings out the phoni-ness in people.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• jesse123456
    I guess that is my problem with celebrating the holiday season because I feel like the religious aspect of it has been totally taken out of the season because people hate christianity so much.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think some people are A$$holes every day of the week no matter what.
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of people get even meaner, cutting people off in the parking lots, jumping in front of people in line, etc. It's like people are so concerned with being "nice" to those they know that they take it out on those they don't know.

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• jesse123456. Sorry but that is how i am i cant help it. i dont like it when people say merry christmas end of story. I dont like people assuming that i am christian because everyone thinks Every single damn person in this world is a christian who celebrates it. I dont assume your christian so dont do it to me. Yes i do smile, yes i say excuse me, i say please and thank you.
    Anonymous

• It's all the chocolate that puts everyone in a good mood. YUMMY!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Merry christmas!
    Anonymous