What does a full abdomenal CAT scan show???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Health

• everything in your abdomen.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I mean specifically...what kinds of illness do they look for. Thanks though.
    Anonymous

• Could be lots of things.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• depends on what your symptoms were when your Dr ordered it. And, what specialty your Dr. is. tell me your symptoms and what kind of Dr. ordered it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• ER ordered it due to extreme abdomenal pain. I have missed my period, am not pregnant. I have had my gall bladder out. It is overall widespread pain. Elevated liver enzymes, no elevated WBC. I don't know sed rate. :(
    Anonymous

• Ask your doctor what they're looking for. You should have been told when it was ordered.
    Anonymous

• depends what they look for. you'll usually get an IV with contrast that will go into your body (and feels like you just wet yourself - really freaky) and can pinpoint masses or clots or whatever they need to see.

I just had a CT looking for blood clots in my lungs, and belly

good luck! a CT will most likely find anything that is wrong with you. I got to see the pics of mine and saw all my tumours and inside bits. it was wierd.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009