What would you have done? Was I wrong for rejecting him before he even had the opportunity because...

he just got out of a relationship with my cousin and right before her, he was with my other cousin? I have known him 11 years and he is my best friends brother. He asked me out on a date but I told him I could never be with him because he was with my cousins and I don't believe in getting with someone my family member have already been with. I feel bad because I have known him for so long and they have only known him for a year. He was upset, I could tell because I shot him down before anything happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you made the right choice. If there was a chance of a real relationship there, it wouldn't have come after 11 years and 2 cousins.
    Anonymous

• I think you made a good decision. It muddies the waters when you get involved with family/friends ex's.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think you made the right decision too... why can't he find someone outside of the family????
    I'd tell him my family means a lot to me and I'm just not going there and not feel a bit bad about it.
    I'd likely have told him it was nothing against him personally, just not my thing to mess with friends or family's exes.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you are second guessing it, my guess is that it might be something you will always wonder about. And you should give it a chance.

However, if its just because you feel guilty, then you made the right decision.
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing

Answer by admckenzie at 5:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Taking someone's sloppy seconds is never a good idea---for the long run, that is! Sounds like he is making the rounds in your family....pretty gross if you ask me!
    Anonymous

• i think u made the right choice too, becouse if u did go out with him and feel for him, questions and thought would come to hunt u about it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2009