How do I start a fund for my ex's family to put him in the ground?

I want to make an account for people to donate to.
(sorry I know this is the wrong section to ask in, there is no other "general question" type of thing....)

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just donate your own money to the family if that's what you want to do. As far as starting a fund, I would let them handle that or talk with them about it incase they already have one started. Sorry about your loss.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I doubt they have one started. I will donate, yes, but my money alone is going to do pretty much nothing for them, as I am not going to give so much that my family is struggling to stay afloat. Thanks though, for your help.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Go to a bank to talk to someone about it. Then find out exactly how much is needed. Then pass out flyers to your friends or create a word of mouth chain asking and telling everyone, including newspapers and newsstations. I do donate to local "donation funds." This happens a lot more than you think. I am sorry for your loss.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The general question section is called Cafemom
    Anonymous

• i would figure that was questions pertaining to cafemom
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Go to a local bank. Tell them the exact situation and that you need to open a memorial fund. Post flyers at all local businesses. Ask if jars can be left for donation. It can add up quickly. A guy I went to school with broke his neck our Sr yr. His family didn't have the money for the kind of wheelchair he needed and they raised almost 15K in 4 months this way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2009