Preschool she I be scared?

My 2 yr old is getting tested for prek. When she goes should i be scard that she will be treated diffrent. Will she have different behaviors? Will she sleep during the day? I mean prek is different from daycare.

DSL21086

Asked by DSL21086 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't worry. Pre K /preschool will be fun for her. There will be more structure and more educational activities. She will love it. You will love it. And no, there is not usually a nap for part day preschool. But full day preschool probably does.

No, neither of you should be scared. It's wonderful for children!

Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 2:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my son is 3 and this is his second year in preschool. HE LOVES IT.
    his school does have "quiet time" where they are required to lay on mats, but they do not have to sleep. there are some kids that do sleep though. just find a school YOU are comfortable with. at his school, all this kids are treated the same. i bet your daughter will love it. she will make new friends and learn all kinds of new things.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 9:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Ummmm, well, sometimes. Th best way to calm your fear about preschool is to go to one where on the first day they let you go with your kids and you can see what they are doing and learning. Also, set up something where you ask your kids everything that had happened on that day. You will get a lot of info because 3 and 4 year olds tell you anthing and everything. I you are worried just try these steps. If you are going to preschool that doesn't allow to see your kids, then the best thing is to stick with the other step and also contact the teacher somehow to ask her how your child is doing academically and socilally.
    fabulous.girls

Answer by fabulous.girls at 6:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009