If you were given an inheritance, would you share it with your siblings, or keep it for yourself?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would definately share it with my siblings. I am close with them all and want them to be as comfortable as I would be after recieving the money.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Share it :o)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My mom left me a $170,000 insurance policy when she died. I shared it with my brother, sister, 2 nieces, one nephew and an uncle.
    Anonymous

• It would depend on how my relationship was with them and the reason why they weren't included in the money in the first place. for instance if my sister was addicted to crack cocaine and had stolen money, then I would offer to put her thru rehab but not give her a physical 'dime'.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It depends on who it was from and why it was given just to me. I was left a great deal of money by my aunt and it was divided equally among my brother and sister and myself. My two stepbrothers each got a set amount of money, but nowhere near what us bio kids received. She did it knowing that their grandparents very likely would be leaving the two of them a large chunk of money when they passed. It went into my college fund and I got the remainder when I graduated.

Answer by missanc at 2:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• if it was left just to me...no I would not share it, obviously something else was left for them....depending on who left what. That's why I do not believe in leaving inheiritance! My children will get their stuff while I am alive and can see them happy with it.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would share with my brothers. 1/3rd for each of us. It's only fair.
    Anonymous

• It depends on where it comes from. OK, not really. I'd keep it. If the person who gave it to me wanted my sibs to have a piece, they would have gotten one.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'm an only child, so this isn't an issue for me, but I know that anything left to ME was left to ME for a reason, and the others will (or not) get their portion as decided by the one leaving the inheritance.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I kept it. My siblings turned their back on our mother when she got cancer. They did not call her or spend any time with her. Only when she was on her death bed did they come by so they could watch her die. When the will was read they all had time to show up they were angry with me when they found out she left her entire 4 million dollar estate to my three children and to me. I have not given them a dime my mom was very clear they were to not get a dime. My mom was a good mother. My siblings never forgave her for leaving our dad. He cheated on her they thought she should have sucked it up. So when she got sick they made her pay and she decided she did not want to leave them anything. My siblings cut me out of their life a long time ago and I am at peace with my decision to honor my mothers wishes.
    Anonymous