Where were you at this time last year?

I was 4 days away from giving birth to my daughter Olivia and getting ready for my daughter Leah to turn 1. We lived in Buffalo in a big yellow house and I still worked. My sons were 3 years old and growing so fast...oh how time flies...

katfranz111

Asked by katfranz111 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sigh...separating from spouse. moving 800 miles
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Back in Florida enjoying my new born daughter she's one now oh where does the time go.
    MamaK1985

Answer by MamaK1985 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Different apartment but like 2 mins away from my new place that moved in this year in july. i was at home probably doing nothing and waiting on grandparents to arrive from LA to WA state to visit me.
    Anonymous

• I was separated (due to a sudden work transfer DH got in August) who came home about once every 10 days or so. Not working, kids in a regular school, in our old house, worrying about Christmas with our Dachshund Jester.

Now, Dh got transferred back, we lost the house (we were trying to keep up his rent and bills and our mortgage and bills), kids are now being virtual schooled in our new apartment. Still slightly worried about Christmas, but I honestly just don't have the energy yet to worry myself into a frazzle about it. And I still haven't found a job. Jester passed away in August, two months after we got a cat Dunkin for my daughter.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Attica
    Anonymous

• I was 3 days from my life changing forever-- I found out I was pregnant with my daughter on the 18th!
    I was living in a run down trailer (boy am I am glad we are out of there it was a dump) and working at the job I am still at.
    reava

Answer by reava at 4:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Answered at 4:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 by: momof4kids257
    sigh...separating from spouse. moving 800 miles
    Just wanted to give you a big hug ((momof4kids)))

Me? Same spot I am in now actually. No changes at all.
    Anonymous

• Living in a crappy apartment in Southern California. We had to spend double on everything, the air was just awful and we lived way too far from family. Now we live in a very large beautiful house in Iowa. Cost of living is much lower and we can breath fresh air instead of smog.  My family is much closer so we don't miss everything.

It is amazing how things can change in a year. This time last year if you would have told me we would be living in Iowa I would have laughed at you. I swore I would never live here again. I had never lived in Southern California and didn't realize how good we had it in the Midwest.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was in a relationship with a man that I thought loved me, and I was going to marry :P I had my own home, my kids didn't have to share a room and life was much better in a lot of ways, and much worse in others.
    Now, I am in a fairly new relatiosnhip ( about three and a half months), I live with my parents and things are a little cramped..BUT i can shower/bathe on my own, Get enough to eat, buy my kids special treats everythin now and then, despite the cramped consitions I have BREATHING ROOM and I am no longer even in contact with last years guy.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 4:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I lived in a trailer with my husband. I had some money in the bank and was doing well. Now we have bought a house and our savings is a bit lower but we're still doing good.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2009