Question about magick and cats

I just read the question below, and it interested me a bit. How do your cats help you do magic? What do you mean by familiar (did you know them before)? Do you believe that there are animals looking for you? Can you share some stories?

***if you are afraid of being bashed by people, could you please post anon?

I am just curious : )

Thank you.

This is not a "post anonymously and make fun of people" post so please no bashing. I just had a question.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Each person whom practices the Craft may or may not have an familiar... and any animal can be your familiar. Cats in Egypt are the protectors of the Underworld and tend to have more inner energies/magick/powers within them....
    Each of my cats found me or adopted me... I now have 2 blacks and 2 black and whites.. the kitten I believe is my jester of magick.... he tends to roll in my herbs and oils while I am preparing to do work... I do have a lady cat who tends to sit with me during some meditations...

Here is a link to read more about familiars and cats in general...
    http://www.amagickgarden.com/pages/wrpages/wrfamiliars.html

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

•  How do your cats help you do magic?  Anything on this Earth can add energy to the things we do. Animals can choose to add energy (not just cats).

What do you mean by familiar (did you know them before)?Familiar is a term associated with meieval witches. I believe we adopted it out of sympathy for the animals mistreated at the time because they were thought to be evil (that is my feeling on the term at least). I don't think they necessarily knew us in former lives.

Do you believe that there are animals looking for you? I think they are looking for someone who desires their assistance. I don't think they are specifically looking for individuals but for anyone who will appreciate their help.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Can you share some stories? My cat, Cleopatra, seems to choose when she will assist me based on my goals. She comes to my sacred space with me & watches, sometimes pawing at things she wants me to use.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I hope someone answers this, Cinn. I was thinking about something along these lines for a book the other day. The insight could be really helpful...hint, hint, hint, Pagan moms. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• the books that i have read have said that cats are great for getting rid of negative energy just through petting. they are positive creatures and repel negativity.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Of all my cats I have two that are special they have an energy about them and a wisdom that just astounds me. Friends have noticed it too and they comment about how amazing they are. I dont believe I knew them in a former life but I do think they were meant to be mine, they bring me a peace and calm when I find life gets to be too much and I need to reconnect with myself.
    Anonymous

• Thank you. That is intersting.

You all know I am a Christian, but even with my beliefs I can tell that at least my cat is in tuned with the spiritual realm. I know I sound silly, but when I feel uneasy, maybe what you would call negative energy (???), but I call it demonic presence-- I will look to my cat to see what her reaction is. Every time I sense the demonic realm, she will see it too. She looks in a direction, her eyes get big, her tail gets huge, she growls (I PRAY). LOL.

I just think it is fascinating that cats are in touch spiritually (energetically ???).

Thanks for you input.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009