If you were wrong, would you want to know?

I saw the question below and I was thinking about this question. Some people pick paths not based on destination but based on enjoying the journey. Some people pick paths because they want to make sure they get to their desired location.

So if you were wrong about what you believe, would you stick to your path? Would you change it? What would influence you to keep practicing, or to abandon your lifestyle? What would you need to convince you that you were wrong?

Just some interesting questions. I think it will be different for all of us because we all look for truth in different sources. Some let their hearts guide them, some let spirits guide the, some let holy books guide them, some science, I believe I am guided by the Holy Spirit, etc.

So what are your thoughts?

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 3:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly I can't think of anything that could actually happen that would convince me I am wrong. If there was evidence that I was wrong I am pretty sure I wouldn't change anything, for me its about the journey.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Though admittedly I don't think there is a right... so maybe the question is too easy for me.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would like to know if there is one right path and what that is or if there isn't one right path at all. I think that would be good information to have. I know there are religions that say they are, but I would like to hear it from "God" himself.  It would bring a lot of peace to my mind

Anonymous

• In general, I prefer to know if I'm wrong so I can make it right.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• First off, I whole hearted believe i am not wrong. BUT
    Of course if I were wrong I would want to know, For me it is all about finding and following the truth, If I was wrong I would want to know so i could look for the truth. Before I became muslim I believed that there is far far more to this world and life than just living and dying but I just wasnt quite sure what it was all about. Of all the beliefs the hardest one for me to understand is atheism, I have looked to creation and for me it convinces me that it was created and that are existance has a greater meaning. Having lived life without my belief and having found it, I understand what life is like without it, the wondering, the sense of something missing, the lack of direction. the unanswered questions. life without it would be so much less.in s many ways, but i would want to know the truth, The truth for me is very important.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 4:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It would take EVERYTHING this new "truth" was saying to match up exactly with the bible 100% So far imo there isn't a denomination that has it all right. Or an angel comes to me but then I would question what team the angel played on lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If you were wrong, would you want to know?
    At the moment? No. At a time when things in my life are a bit smoother. Yes.

So if you were wrong about what you believe, would you stick to your path?
    Assuming that i found out that i was indeed wrong, i would probably not "stick to my path".

Would you change it?
    Yes.

What would influence you to keep practicing, or to abandon your lifestyle?
    Do you mean right now? I can not think of anything that could really happen that would influence me to abandon my lifestyle.

What would you need to convince you that you were wrong?
    Idk. I guess that depends on what is "right".

What about yourself?

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If I was on the wrong path I would want to know, and I trust that the HS would guide me.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 4:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• There is no right or wrong...only left.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• If I was proven wrong...oh well. Would I switch "teams"(so to speak) probably not.

I might adapt a bit but that would be about it. I wouldnt know til Im dead anyway if I was wrong or right so by then...who cares?

The only thing that can convince me to change my path is myself. No one can do it for me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2009