Moody after a nap

My son turned 1 recently. He sleeps at night and takes two naps a day, in the mornings and early afternoons he is in a great mood and lots of fun to play with. After his 2nd nap he wakes up crying and is extremely cranky. He stays that way until suppertime. I've tried a snack, distraction with toys, rocking him. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest son and my grandson were that way. In the morning..happy, sunshine kids. After nap..WOW what crabs. I learned I had to put everything aside sit and rock with them for about 10-15 mins. Not really talking to them. If the TV was on it was low. Just letting them wake up more slowly. Although with my oldest I found it decreased a lot when we eliminated his AM nap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My daughter gets like that sometimes. I give her a few minutes to wake up, so I try not to talk to her or touch her or anything until she is fully awake. Good Luck.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My oldest is like that as well - she's almost 3. But our problem is more likely to be in the morning when she first wakes up, and then after naptime she's the golden child LOL Like greeneyedgrandma, I have found that it's better if I let her wake up completely on her own, and then take a few minutes to hold her/hug her/snuggle with her before I actually get her going. Good luck!!!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Dont worry he will continue at age 3 ...
    my daughter does it all the time,

I just let her cool off, leave her alone...and ignore her...tell her to stop or go back to bed,
    tough love moma,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009