cat / tree

I want to put up my christmas tree but the cat keeps climbing up the tree and ruining all the decorations this cat isnt a little slinky think she's fat and could tip the tree if she decided to get too rowdy she did this last year and part of my tree is ruined. =[ Whats a good way to keep her out of the tree that works? Wish they made trees that squirted water!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL I do not know but i figure I will put the tree up with no decorations on for a few days and let her tip it over. Then she maybe less likely to climb it...but we will see, I dont actually think it will work :)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Oh no! Our cats were kittens last year and messed with the tree. We thought they would be over it this year.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• good question when you figure it out let me know, we keep spray bottles handy and spray them when they get close but as soon as we leave the room they high tail it to the tree
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I sprinkled Cayenne pepper on the tree skirt and on the branches and left it that way for a few days until she'd gotten a good nose full of the pepper. Now she stays as far away from it as she possibly can.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Make the tree almost fall on them..before you decorate it...maybe it will have second thoughts...no wait...we are talking "cats" one of God's dumber animals. well it's worth a try.
    Anonymous

• Debra, that's an awesome idea! My cat has been pestering my tree.

It might also keep the kids from messing with it too :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009