why do teens get so moody

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• hormones.
    irritating parents.
    other teens.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Hormones are out of whack at that age.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Serioulsy? Their hormones are going crazy!!!!!!!!!!! They are at an age that they are still part child and part adult. They have a lot going on inside, their bodies are growing at a rapid rate, they are growing up. More is expected of them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Hormones for one. It's like a second toddlerhood. Seriously - it is - think about it, when they're going from being babies to children, there are huge growth and development things going on. They are starting to assert themselves as independent little people with their own thoughts and desires, and wanting to express them. They are often moody, they want their own way, and they often throw tantrums when they can't have it. They want to be "big kids", and push the boundaries to do things that they might not be ready for, and try things they are ready for.

Teens are going from being kids to adults. Again, there are a LOT of physical and developmental changes going on (even though we can't see all of them like when they were babies). They are exploring who they are and what they think / want in life. They want to be treated like adults, pushing the boundaries to do things they really aren't ready for

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• cont

pushing the boundaries to do things they aren't really ready for, and trying things that they are ready for. They know how they feel and what they want, but don't always have the maturity to process it, or see whether what they want is a good thing or not, or how to handle their feelings or desires (sexual or otherwise). They're often moody, and they often throw tantrums when they don't get their way.

In other words, puberty is a second toddlerhood. And, just like we had to grit our teeth and ride out the "terrible 2's", keeping our sense of humor, allowing them to grow, but sticking to our guns when it comes to having rules and boundaries and teaching them about their new, expanding, world, we have to do the same with the teen yrs.

I suggest reading "The Roller Coaster Yrs" - it's a great book about raising teens :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• HORMONES HORMONES HORMONES. Also, they think EVERYTHING that happens to them is the most dramatic thing to EVER happen to ANYONE ANYWHERE. Trust me - I live with 4 teens. What the hell was I thinking??? lol
    Monica1119

Answer by Monica1119 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• This is so great to read! Helps me understand why my 13 year old girl seems like a different child these past few months. Saying mean, hurtful things to me. Making ridiculous demands. Acting like I'm so stupid. Not wanting me to kiss her goodnight or cuddle her anymore. Being mean and distant not saying hello or goodbye.

I think that having gone through a divorce 4 years ago and having 2 households doesn't help the matter. But I'm beginning to realize that she might have been this way anyway.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Hormones !!!
    Anonymous