im 11 weeks pregnant is it a big deal if i dye my hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's the fumes that you're breathing in that is harmful. some women dye their hair the whole time they're pregnant. others don't dye it at all. you should either follow your instinct or ask your OB. if you do decide to make sure you're in a well ventilated area.
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• 100% agree with jenn714
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 6:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'd be most worried about the fumes like jenn714 said. I don't dye my hair when pg but it all depends on how you feel about it!
    noahsmommy310

Answer by noahsmommy310 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I dyed my hair while preganant both times! I just got dyes that were ammonia free! And even if you do get one with ammonia in it just sit outside for the 15 mins its on your head then you won't be breathing in the fumes.
    GabbyP.

Answer by GabbyP. at 9:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Keep in mind that your hair may not respond the same to the dye either. And if you have morning sickness especially odor sensitivties, maybe hold off a couple more weeks....don't want to overprocess cuz you had your head stuck in the toilet!
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 9:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes it is a big deal. The chemicals and the fumes in the product can greatly cause effect to you and your baby. Please do not dye your hair. The fumes can cause you to become light headed, and the chemicals aren't good for you or the baby.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Not the first trimester. Ask your OB, because mine was VERY avid about not letting chemicals into your body during that vital stage.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009