R u kidding me ... how stupid

So my MIL watched my 7 month old son and when I got him home after work he had welts on him so I thought he was having an allergic reaction so I called her and asked if she fed him anything different than normal or put different lotion on him or anything cause he has welts on him. She said no so I called his Dr. he said it's probally a virus so I gave him medicine and stuff. So for the last two days we have called her and left messages no answer so we got worried we drove to church and saw them so we pulled in and they won't talk to us beacause according to my FIL we were interrigating them and so they are not talking to us. U u kidding me??? We were not mean at all just worried about our son! They are 61 and 56 how immature they couldn't just say we hurt their feelings they just wont talk to us. We thought something happened to them. We didnt accuse them of anyhting just asked ?'s so we could figure out what was going on.....

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 4:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby comes home from their house with welts and they are mad that you ask what happened? DH should have been the one to ask if they happened to have fed him any thing, if he got in ants, if they have animals (fleas, or allergic reaction to animals). Then they might not feel so "threatened." Anything you say at this point will be "mean" in their eyes, since in laws have a way of putting the blame on the outsider. They shouldn't be offended that you're needing information for your doctor. Tell them to grow up and stop acting like children. They'd want to know what went on if it was their child at your house. Its just a few questions, dang!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• whats ur question. happens with in laws alot....
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well how do I handle it?? If they wont talk to us and I didn't do anyhting wrong then how does it get solved??
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i would have no idea, i would call my peditrician and ask a nurse what you should do? is the baby still sick? it seems VERY BAD that they wont talk to you--- like they have something to hide when you just wanted to knwo what meds they gave your child./........... btw, DO NOT LET THEM WATCH YOUR KID AGAIN, i have grandparents i have had to do that with, you can go out with them all together on days off... etc... but dont let it happen again or youll blame yourself!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• or... hate to say it but call posion control... to see if they think is sounds like something dangerious or not.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Ignorant of how they are acting tell your husband to talk to them and ask them what happend,
    you just want to know,
    then ask for advice, making sure they dont think your accusing them, reverse psychology ...
    welts where btw?

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The welts were on his face, arm and leg only the right side of his body, they were huge and bright red
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 1:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My in laws are like that, as well. They think they can do no wrong and how dare anyone question them about anything.
    I've found the best way to deal with them when they act like that is to just ignore it - it usually blows over after a week or so. If it doesn't, have your husband talk to them.
    Monica1119

Answer by Monica1119 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009