Fever??

I just got off of work and picked up my son and hes burning up. Hes got a fever of 102.1 and hes 11 months old. He has had a bit of a cold lately but was just at the doc friday and they said he was fine. My sister said he ate great and was just a lil cranky from not napping. Think I should worry? Or just try some tylenol?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 4:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try some Tylenol. He could have an ear infection, since you said he has had a cold. Call the doc in the a.m. for advice.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I agree - try some tylenol and call the Doc in the morning - - without any other symptoms, it's nothing to rush to the ER over, but it's something to have checked out nonetheless :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• agreed tylenol and then see how he feels and to call the dr if it is still there.
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 6:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Okay....my daughters have been fighting this thing for 4 days....CALL the doc MAKE HIM ORDER antibotics, TYENOL works fine on my daughters,

Mortrin they say is better doesnt even nip it in the bum,

your doctor can ALSO order you tyenol, so you do not have to buy it,
    cold compresses under the arms, dont let them sleep with anything on,
    maybe a light shirt and baby vicks applied ,

my doctor said he wouldnt order antibotics until their temp was 102 103 etc, well...
    it started like your little one, cold then fever ...then they started vomiting ...tell him to order pedilite, :) use little noses my little one is 10 months and 3 years
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would just give Tylenol or Motrin if he seems uncomfotable... I would try to give it right before bed so that he can sleep well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009