Does your mucus plug actually look like mucus?

I am 36 wks along and just went pee and saw a glob of icky stuff floating in the water... not sure if it is my plug or not.. is there anyway to tell?

MamaLamparth

Asked by MamaLamparth at 4:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That may very well be your mucus plug. Sometimes it all comes out at once, and sometimes it comes out little by little. Don't worry though, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be going into labor right away. Just relax and be very patient lol. Best of luck to ya and congrats!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It looks like a big vagina booger is how someone put it in my group. I'm sure that's what it was you saw in the toilet. YAY!!!!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thanks I am just excited that the end is in sight... feels like i have been prego forever...
    MamaLamparth

Answer by MamaLamparth at 6:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• LOL at the vagina booger cause that's exactly what it looks like......noone told me about that part in my 1st and I FREAKED out and all the mommas at work were laughing at me cause I kept saying I blew my noise outta my gina...........sounds like you did loose it and it's fine some go into labor within a few days others=----like me loose it and then a month later still no baby or getting induced.
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 6:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It looks like a big piece of bloody snot!! Yeah, vagina booger is a good way to describe it. LOL!!! It could be the next few hours that you'll go into labor or it might be another few days. I remember going into labor about 3 days after I lost my plug with my first one, I think.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• dont get too excited mama, because you could still be pregnant for a few more weeks :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• Thank you all...
    MamaLamparth

Answer by MamaLamparth at 9:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• A mucus plug usually has a tinge of blood (fresh or old) on the edge. Sometimes it doesn't, but either way it does look like a big glob of snot. Gross, right?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009