Open relationships...... talk or not..

My husband and I have decided to have an open relationship. I'm just confused about after we see other people... do we tell each other anything? Do we just not say anything? Never mention it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Personally I don't think an open relationship is a good idea at all. I know people that have had them, and it always causes problems in some way.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :05. A good friend of mine and her husband are now divorced because of their open relationship
    Anonymous

• I would never, agree to have an open relationship!!!!!!!!!! Is this his idea or yours? I am just curious. I think it will just cause problems. Anyone I have ever heard of doing such a thing ended up in divorce.
    Anonymous

• I have one. SO likes when I tell him about being with other men so yeah we talk about that. It's a turn on for him. I don't like hearing about his experiences though so I don't encourage them. If he talks about past experiences in general then I'm ok with that but if I know it's an experience he had recently when he could have been with me I'm not so receptive to the conversation! As you may be able to tell, this was his idea not mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Why would you ask a bunch of mom's on CM this? Shouldn't you have this discussion with your husband? I would think it's something the 2 of you need to decide together.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well thats something you should really ask your hubby about set up some ground rules on what you can and cant do and what is ok to talk about.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009