Is it logical not to run?

I have extremely big boobs which make it very painful and difficult to run, no matter how many sports bras I wear. My husband thinks running is the best exercise and that I should do so since I want to lose lots of weight quickly. I cant get him to understand what it is like for me to run. I wish I could!!! Is it logical not to run? (and yes, I am aware of other exercise options)

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 5:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, since Bradley was born my F cups went up to G's and have yet to go down! SOOOO I get what you mean, I always have. My husband agrees the next best thing for losing weight is the eliptical. If you recall my husband was active duty before and is reserves now so he learned all the tricks for fast weight loss. I love it ! My boobs don't fly anywhere! lol good luck duck!
    thebatesfamily

Answer by thebatesfamily at 11:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would think so, if it hurts don't do it! Like you said you have other idea's as to what you can do, then do so! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I have really big boobs too, and I don't like how much it hurts my back OR having people stare at me. I prefer to use an elipitcal, less bouncing and its better for your knees. If you do choose to run get a really supportive bra, it should help.... but your DH will never know what its like to have that kind of weight on the front of you, so it's really up to you!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'm a 34 DD and I run 8 miles every morning. The right sports bra is the key :) Or you can double up.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Tell him to go running naked with an erection and ask him if it's comfortable...
    No, I'm kidding.
    I agree with the elliptical and the really good sports bra. You may have to spend quite a bit to get a good one, but if it makes the girls behave, it'll be worth it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• There are plenty of sports bras out there for women with bigger breasts, they are a bit pricey but they work. Try enell sports bras.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• there are many thngs besides running that can help you lose weight.

but swimming is probably the BEST - especially for the boobs.

I tried running....hated it with a passion so quit. I power walk (that really dorky wiggle your hips and swing your arms - works like a charm), ride bike and do weight training and pilates
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Some people wear an everyday bra under a sports bra to help support the girls. If that doesn't help either then seek out other options. There are a lot of other cardio workouts you can do that will help you lose weight just as well. Cardio IS the best way to lose weight. Walking helps just as much as running does, so go for long walks everyday and that will help you lose weight.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My physical therapist says it's a bad thing to run. He says walking briskly will get the same results and not damage your body.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009