Do you buy Christmas presents for your adult fam members?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 5:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes i do. I buy for my parents,sister &brother-in-law.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes we do for my side of the family and they do for us. For dh's side we draw names for the adults and buy for all the children.
    Anonymous

• Only DH's parents. all 4 of them.

my moms dead otherwise she'd get a present too.
    anyone else 18 or over doesn't get a present. There's just too many of us. We'd have 10+ to buy for that don't currently buy for now. DH and each have large families
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• for my parents and sister yes. with SO's family I have been baking bread for thanksgiving, baking m&m cookies for xmas and making a veggie dip for easter. but this year I might make the adults presents
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• yes for my dad, mil, and sil. I also buy for one of my friends and her two adult daughters b/c they always buy for us.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well, just the ones we get together with on the Holidays, but we aren't getting together this year with my side of the family (Pop pop is sick, so my parents can't travel, he lives with them). This year will be a very cheap Christmas . . . just my sister, BIL and her kids, my kid, dh's parents, brother and nephew.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Just my mom and my MIL. Everyone else I walk up to and kick em in the ass.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• why not?
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• We can't afford to buy for all of the adults we are related to. We can't even afford to buy for just our parents and siblings. I'd love to be able to get my parents and sister something really nice but it's not going to be possible, I'm afraid. As long as we can get our kids something, I'll be happy. At this point I'm thinking it's mostly a holiday for the children anyway. I personally don't care if I get anything or not. My husband doesn't care either.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• our extended fam is not very big so we buy gifts for all.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009